This is One Star Classics, a curated guide to things that matter.
Here you can find information about so-called
bad movies on Netflix; recipes based on classic
films; books; doing dumb things like watching every Mad Max movie. Plus pretty much anything
we deem worthy to write about.
Great moments in One Star Classics’s history
- January 15, 2004: REMI1000, One Star Classics’s predecessor, launches.
- September 22, 2014: First iteration of One Star Classics revealed. It focused on underrated movies on Netflix, something the site still focuses on.
- January 02, 2017: One Star Classics launches. Again.
- January 11, 2017: With tears in her eyes (presumably), Basma Abdel Aziz links to One Star Classics’s glowing review of her tome, The Queue. (Photographic evidence exists.)
- April, 2017: Netflix changes from a star rating to thumbs up/down. One Star Classics’s original premise is left in limbo.
- May 04, 2017: The site undergoes a makeover after receiving substantial angel funds.